The FBI has been alerted of a newly discovered vulnerability within Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browser.
Since Microsoft Internet Explorer is a widely used web browser, steps below are being provided to disable active scripting support within the browser in Internet Explorer 6.0:
- Select Tools from the browser tool bar.
- Select Internet options.
- Click on the Security tab and highlight the Internet icon.
- Click on the Custom Level button.
- From the drop down menu, select the Scripting section.
- Click the Disable radio button located underneath the Active Scripting heading.
Disabling scripts should also be used as an interim measure until a patch from Microsoft is available.